Winter Squash & Spinach Lasagna
Skill Level: Medium
Time: 25 prep, 25 bake
- 1 pack IsiBissi Lasagna Noodles
- 10 Ounces cottage cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- ½ cup grated part skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups frozen squash puree (thawed
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino
- Prepare lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, puree together cottage cheese & spinach.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in cheeses, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In an 8” square baking dish, spread ½ cup of squash puree.
- Top with 2 lasagna noodles and spread ¼ cup squash puree.
- Dollop with ¾ cup cheese & spinach mixture.
- Repeat layers twice, and top with additional noodles.
- Combine crème fraiche with water and spread over top noodles.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and pecorino.
- Cover tightly with oiled foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 8 minutes.
- Broil 2 mins.
Adapted from: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/easy/a46935/winter-squash-and-spinach-lasagna-recipe/