Spiral Vegetable Tart
Skill Level: Hard
Time: 40 min prep, 50 min bake
- 1 Sweet Ali’s Pie Crust
- 3.5 oz mozzarella
- 3.5 oz gruyère cheese
- 3.5 oz. parmesan
- 7 oz. sour cream
- 1 tsp. each salt,
- pepper, nutmeg, smoked paprika (adjust to taste)
- 3-4 medium zucchini (green and yellow)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2-3 large carrots
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Crème Fraiche or Sour Cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & blind bake pie crust for 15-20 minutes. (OPTION: transfer pie crust to a 9in tart pan)
- Grate mozzarella & gruyere into a large mixing bowl.
- Add parmesan, sour cream and seasonings and mix well and set aside.
- Using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, cut vegetables into thin strips.
- Trim strips to be similar widths.
- Lay flat on baking tray and season with salt & pepper.
- Fill the cheese-mix into the pre-baked crust and spread evenly.
- On a flat surface, roll the vegetables. Start with one strip of zucchini in a tight circle and then wrap carrot or eggplant strips around.
- Place in the center of the pie crust, set into cheese mixture.
- Continue rolling alternate types of vegetables until your circle of rolled vegetables fills the pie.
- Season with salt and pepper and brush with some olive oil.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. If the vegetables start to get too dark, cover with some aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Serve warm with crème fraiche or sour cream.
Adapted from: https://baketotheroots.de/vegetable-spiral-tart/#ixzz64KN2bw3N