Green and White Four Cheese Lasagna
Skill Level: Select A Skill Level For This Recipe
Time: 55 minutes
For the cauliflower cheese sauce:
1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup vegetable stock
½ grated parmesan
4 oz mascarpone cheese
salt and pepper to taste
For the spinach filling:
2 10oz boxes of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
¼ cup sliced green onion (about 2)
8 oz cottage cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp pepper
8 oven-ready (no boil) gluten free lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup parmesan
1. Combine cauliflower and vegetable stock in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover and steam until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Transfer cauliflower and stock to a blender (I used immersion blender). Add milk and puree until smooth. Add parmesan and mascarpone and pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large bowl, combine spinach, green onion, cottage cheese, egg, garlic powder and pepper; stir until well mixed.
4. Spread 1 cup of cauliflower cheese sauce in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Arrange two noodles over the sauce. Spread one third of the spinach mixture over noodles, then top with ½ cup of the shredded mozzarella. Spread ½ cup of the cauliflower sauce over the top with the back of a spoon. Repeat the layer two more times. Top with remaining noodles and cover with another ½ cup of cauliflower sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella and ¼ cup of parmesan.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, then uncover and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Broil until the top is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
FREEZE IT: Wrap the uncooked lasagna tightly in foil and freeze. To cook from frozen, cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour, then uncover and cook 20 more minutes. Broil until the top is golden brown, about 5 minutes.