Gluten Free Soup Recipe – Tomato Basil
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 1 hour
Make your own homemade gluten free soup!
- 4 cups fresh, peeled and chopped tomatoes – about 4 large tomatoes
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, loosely packed and coarsely chopped
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
Put 1 T olive oil in large saucepan and add chopped onion. Cook onion until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, garlic, seasonings and herbs; combine well. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Pour into a blender or food processor; blend soup in small batches for about 1 minute. Reheat briefly and top with fresh basil before serving.