Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Fadge Irish Potato Rolls
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 15 min prep, 20 min cooking
- 1 pound mashed potatoes (you can use unpeeled red potatoes)
- 2 1/2 T light olive oil or melted butter (if you aren’t avoiding dairy)
- 3/4 cup Sweet Ali’s All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 T minced chives (optional)
- Extra flour for rolling fadge dough
- Extra olive oil OR melted butter to brush tops before baking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Measure and blend dry ingredients in a small bowl. In a mixing bowl, blend mashed potatoes, olive oil or melted butter and egg. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Turn the fadge dough out onto a lightly gluten-free floured cutting board. Roll or press the dough with hands to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Use a round biscuit cutter to shape the fadge cakes or cut them with a knife in any shape you like. Place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil or melted butter and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- After baking for 15 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven and turn the fadge over so that both sides brown evenly. Serve warm.
- To pan-fry fadge rather than baking, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet and heat over a medium burner. Add fadge and fry each side until golden brown.
Adapted from thespruce.com