Butternut Squash Soup
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 10-15 min prep, 40 min cook
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes (can cut up a whole squash or use pre-cleaned and cut from the grocery store)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 – ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sweet Ali’s gluten free focaccia or dinner rolls
- Cook the onion, garlic, and thyme in olive oil until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add the squash and sauté for another minute or so.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to a simmer and cook until the squash is tender – about 30 minutes. Season with cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, and salt, and stir to combine. Let simmer for a few minutes more and then remove from heat.
- Using a hand blender, puree the soup into a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Return to heat, and let the soup warm through.
- Serve in bowls with Sweet Ali’s gluten free focaccia or dinner rolls.