Boston Cream Pound Cake
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 c. milk
- 1 Sweet Ali’s Pound Cake (defrosted if frozen)
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Make pudding: In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Let sit until thick ~5 minutes.
- Slice pound cake in half lengthwise and spread a thick layer of pudding on top (you’ll have about 1/4 of the batch of pudding left). Top with pound cake top.
- Make ganache: Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat just until it bubbles. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour over hot heavy cream. Let sit 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth and no clumps remain.
- Pour ganache over pound cake and smooth top.
- Let harden in fridge 10 minutes, then slice.
*Shortcut option: Use a can of gluten-free chocolate frosting in place of making the ganache. Microwave frosting can uncovered for 15 seconds at a time until it reaches a pourable consistency. Pour over pudding filled pound cake.