Apple Gouda Grilled Cheese
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 5 min prep, 8 min cook
- 4 slices Sweet Ali’s challah bread, cut about ½ inch thick
- 1 granny smith apple or other apple variety of your choosing, peeled and sliced thinly
- 6 slices smoked or regular gouda cheese
- Heat your skillet over medium heat. Assemble the sandwiches: bread, 1.5 slices cheese, apple slices, 1.5 slices cheese, then top bread. Repeat for second sandwich. Butter top slice of bread.
- Lay the sandwiches with the buttered bread touching the skillet. Butter the top piece of bread. Place a sandwich press or heavy bottom skillet on top of the sandwiches to press them down. Cook for 3-4 minutes on first side, or until browned. Flip carefully and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side, allowing to brown (careful – second side usually cooks faster).
Recipe idea from https://domesticsuperhero.com