Skill Level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb. spicy (or sweet) Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can1 Great Northern Beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 6 c. Chicken Broth
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c. IsiBisi Tubetti Pasta
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large, deep pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion, carrots, and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add in beans (with their liquid), diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in tubetti.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until pasta is al dente, about 11 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in bowls garnished with Parmesan and parsley.
Adapted from: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a54687/easy-pasta-fagioli-recipe/