Creamy Turkey Pasta Bake
Skill Level: Medium
Time: 40 minutes
- 8 oz. IsiBisi Penne Rigate
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 4 c. spinach
- 1/2 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Sweet Ali’s all-purpose flour
- 3 c. whole milk
- 8 oz. Gruyère cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 c. shredded leftover cooked turkey
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided, plus more for dish
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Oil 3-quart or 9- by 13-inch casserole dish.
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium.
- Add onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute.
- Transfer to large bowl and toss with spinach and parsley.
- Wipe out skillet and heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil on medium.
- Sprinkle flour over top and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk. S
- Simmer, whisking often, until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Gruyère, cayenne, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir until cheese melts and sauce is just smooth.
- Fold turkey and pasta into cheese mixture and toss to coat.
- Fold in spinach mixture.
- Transfer to prepared dish. Bake until heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.