Front-end Store Supervisor
Summary: Responsible for supervising the front-end retail staff. Being the front-end supervisor you will be part of a busy, dynamic environment that changes every day. Your list of duties will be varied, ranging from ensuring high levels of customer service to covering for the front-end staff when they aren’t there, and look after the staff. All these things work together to keep a happy store ticking over and running smoothly.
No two days are ever the same when the public are involved, but on a day-to-day basis as a front-end supervisor you’ll be looking after the following…
- Manage front-end staff, coach, counsel, recruit, train, and discipline employees.
- Organize and distribute staff schedules.
- Preside over staff meetings.
- Help retail sales staff achieve sales targets.
- Identify current and future trends that appeal to consumers.
- Maintain inventory and ensure items are in stock.
- Keep up with fluctuating supply and demand.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Maintain store’s cleanliness and health and safety measures.
- Handle customer questions, complaints, and issues.
- Work on store displays.
- Making sure the shop floor runs smoothly
- Assists customers and staff during business hours.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Coordinates the shipping of goods for internet orders.
- Point of contact for special orders.
Financial responsibilities may include:
- Meet financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Analyze operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Utilize information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning.
- Knowledge of the food industry, preferred.
- Experience with managing front-end retail and supporting staff.
- Interpersonal relation skills.
- Point of Sale (POS), computer operating systems is required.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail to be able to adhere to both retail operational policies and current state and federal regulations.
Full-time with flexible day time hours could include one weekend day.
Compensation: Based on experience.
Interested applicants please submit a resume and cover letter for review to email@example.com or apply on website.