Front Counter Customer Service – Glenview
Sweet Ali’s Gluten Free Bakery is looking for people who enjoy the aroma of delicious baked goods while providing great customer service to our valuable customers!
- Create a welcoming environment for Sweet Ali’s customers
- Assist customers, process point-of-sale transactions, take phone and in person orders
- Wrap and label products, stock product shelves, count inventory
- Understand the principles of selling and be able to talk to the customer to understand their needs while optimizing sales
- Be able to follow directions, multi-task and complete tasks
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the bakery to maintain quality of products and create efficiencies
- Be creative with product placement, point of sale items, sampling, ideas for products or window displays
- Follow and enforce established Sweet Ali’s procedures, while maintaining a clean, sanitary and safe environment
- Flexible daytime availability, including Saturdays
- Knowledgeable about gluten free living
- Ability to do basic arithmetic and complete basic paperwork
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Be able to communicate clearly with managers, co-workers and customers
- Courteous, punctual and reliable
- College degree preferred
Hours and Benefits:
- 24-36 hours per week, Wednesday–Saturday (during some holiday weeks, we are open Mondays and Tuesdays)
- We offer competitive hourly pay, PTO (paid time off), a retirement plan (employer matched), store discount and flexible scheduling.
Interested candidates – please forward your cover letter and resume – we look forward to hearing from you!