Sweet Ali’s Gluten Free Bakery is a highly respected leader in the competitive retail and wholesale, gluten free baking business. We are looking for an experienced baker for our Glenview location.
- Preparation and presentation of Sweet Ali’s recipes, mixing, and baking according to our procedures
- Handling perishable foods; must know how to safely store and prep all ingredients.
- Ensure that products are baked at the proper temperatures and make certain that kitchen and baking equipment adheres to sanitation regulations.
- Bakers must be familiar with the use of commercial mixing machines, ovens, and other large-scale baking equipment.
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in oven.
- Observe products as they bake and adjust temperature/times accordingly.
- Ability to follow a production schedule and to prioritize tasks
- Good communication and organizational skills, excellent math skills
- Be flexible with hours as bakery shifts vary; and must have Holiday availability
- College degree not required, prefer experience or training through on-the-job training in a bakery, restaurant or from a culinary school
Hours (24 – 32 hours weekly; Saturdays are required)
Compensation based on experience and ability. We offer a retirement plan, PTO (paid time off), store discount and flexible scheduling.
Interested candidates – please forward your cover letter and resume