Sweet Ali’s Gluten Free Bakery is a highly respected leader in the retail and wholesale, gluten free baking business. We are looking to hire bakers to produce Sweet Ali’s delicious products at our Glenview location.
- Prepping, mixing, scooping, finishing, baking and presenting Sweet Ali’s recipes according to company guidelines
- Handling perishable foods; must know how to safely store and prep all ingredients
- Ensuring that products are baked at the proper temperatures; observing products while they bake and adjusting temperatures accordingly
- Making certain that kitchen and baking equipment adhere to sanitation regulations
- Experience or training through on-the-job training in a bakery, restaurant or from a culinary school
- Familiarity with the use of commercial mixers, ovens, and other large-scale baking equipment
- Ability to follow a production schedule and to prioritize tasks
- Ability to scale ingredients, following a recipe
- Organizational skills and a good deal of energy
- Ability to work well and communicate with others as part of a team
- Flexibility with hours as bakery shifts vary; must have holiday week availability
Hours and Benefits:
- 24 – 32 hours per week, Wednesday-Saturday (Monday/Tuesday hours during holiday weeks); 5am & 6am start times
- Compensation based on experience and ability. We offer PTO (paid time off), a retirement plan (employer matched), store discount and flexible scheduling.
- Interested candidates – please forward your cover letter and resume – we look forward to hearing from you!