Aunt Marilyn’s Bundt Cake
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 20 min prep, 1 hour cook
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 package Sweet Ali’s gluten free yellow cake mix
- 1 small package gluten free vanilla instant pudding (3.4oz box)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Thoroughly grease all sides and bottom of bundt pan. Mix sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans (if using) in a small bowl. Coat bottom and sides of the greased bundt pan with part of the mixture. Reserve remaining for layering with the batter.
- Blend remaining ingredients to make the cake batter. Pour ½ of batter into bundt pan. Layer ½ of remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over batter. Cover with the rest of the cake batter. Sprinkle with a final layer of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°. Remove from the oven and cool in pan for 10-20 minutes. Turn onto wire rack and cool until just warm. Wrap in foil and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days before serving or serve immediately, if desired*. This cake can be eaten right from the fridge, at room temperature, or warmed in the microwave. Keep leftovers wrapped and stored in the refrigerator.