Front of the House Manager
Sweet Ali’s Gluten Free Bakery in Hinsdale, Illinois is a highly respected leader in the competitive retail and wholesale, gluten free baking business. We are looking for a full-time, front of the house team leader to oversee the daily operation of our front counter. In addition, this leader will work with our front staff to implement effective sales strategies and provide a meaningful destination for the gluten free community.
- Manage the scheduling, training, policies and procedures for the front counter staff.
- Schedule and conduct regular front staff communication meetings.
- Attend product and other company communication meetings.
- Implement sales and marketing strategies for point of sale (i.e., sampling, product display, special offers), and keep the retail front attractive and fresh.
- Manage the process of daily point-of-sale transactions, including creating and tracking monthly and yearly sales reports.
- Oversee the process of completing inventory reports.
- Provide product feedback to production team leaders.
- Work collaboratively with the production staff to process special orders.
- Coordinate special events, and special promotions with marketing staff.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and fellow staff members.
- Ability to problem solve in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and integrity
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a growing environment
- Living a gluten free lifestyle or has strong knowledge due to personal or professional experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Sales and Marketing experience within the food industry
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) proficiency
This full-time position requires flexible daytime availability, including some Saturdays.
Compensation to commensurate with experience
Interested applicants – please submit a resume and cover letter for review to email@example.com or apply on website.